I live, work, and rely on the unceded homelands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh people known as Vancouver, BC.
My work includes facilitation, program design, community engagement, and editorial services.
- I am working as the Community Strategic Initiatives Associate with SFU’s Community Engaged Research Initiative.
- Below the Radar podcast: Working in Community , June 2020
- Conversations in Quarantine with Maisonneuve magazine, May 2020
- Hua foundation’s Race & Equity Project and strategic communications, September 2018-August 2020
- Workshop design and facilitation.
- Strategy, policy development, and change management for non-profits.
- Editorial services including strategic consultation, sensitivity reading, research, interviewing, reporting, and substantive edits and rewrites with a specialization on equity seeking work related to race, harm reduction, drug policy, mental health, and homelessness.
- Program development and program management: designing, developing, curating, and producing the public programs of non-profits such as workshop series and public events.
- Curriculum design and education: designing multidisciplinary curricula for post-secondary students and adult learners, with a focus on writing and community engagement.
- Strategic consultation for non-profit organizations: working with non-profits to refine their strategic direction, policies, and governance structures in times of change and in response to evolving community needs.
- I have been teaching regularly in post-secondary contexts since 2012 alongside my work in journalism and non-profits.
- I have been working in the non-profit community since 2014.
- I worked primarily as a journalist from 2008 to 2017. I have worked as a features writer and reporter focusing on harm reduction, race, housing, and mental health. My journalism has been published across Canada, including in Maisonneuve, The Tyee, Reader’s Digest, The Georgia Straight, VICE Munchies, and University Affairs. I have worked as the editor at Megaphone, a social enterprise providing meaningful work for people experiencing poverty; as a housing reporter for Tyee Solutions Society; as a writer for the Museum of Vancouver’s first digital exhibition; and as a staff writer for the Westender, an urban weekly in Vancouver.