For the year 2013, I’m writing about affordable housing issues for The Tyee Solutions Society.
Places and publications
- Museum of Vancouver
- Megaphone Magazine
- Hope in Shadows
- Codename Design
- The Tyee
- The Georgia Straight
- OpenFile Vancouver
- Vancouver Review
- This Magazine
- CBC Radio One
- WE Vancouver
- I co-teach a community journalism class for current and former Downtown Eastside residents at SFU Woodward’s. The class, called Community Journalism 101, runs in the spring and fall. The class was established in spring 2011 and grew out of a partnership between SFU Woodward’s Vancity Office of Community Engagement and Megaphone Magazine.
- I was an instructor in the inaugural run of the New Media Journalism program at SFU Harbour Centre in fall 2012.
- Sasamat Outdoor Centre social justice workshop for youth, March 2013
- Rainier Hotel “Finding Home” film screening, reading, panel discussion host/moderator, February 2013
- Homelessness Action Week’s “Finding Home” storytelling night, October 2012
- Vancouver Design Nerds/City of Vancouver Re:Think Housing Jam, June 2012
- SFU Woodward’s/Pivot Legal Society panel, Homelessness in Metro Vancouver, October 2011
- Media training: Purple Thistle Institute, spring 2011
- Media training: Vancouver Public Space Network, spring 2010
- Speaking about working in media to students in English, publishing, and journalism programs at SFU, UBC, and Langara College: fall 2008-present